Saturday, August 11, 2012

Summer Fun!

This summer has been a blast so far and I feel like its just begun (probably because we are just now starting to get nice weather).  Last weekend Abby had her cousins up for a slumber party!  We had a great time in Kirkland watching the Blue Angels.  I met Kyle, Amy and the kids at the marina in downtown Kirkland and while Kyle and Amy boated off for a date day/night, I whisked the kids away to go pick out their favorite ice cream!  

After ice cream we found a little park to play at where we could see some big planes.  The kids were sticky and filthy with sand by the end but I think they all had a great time.  I felt like my mom back in the day with a 6 yr old, 3yr old, 2 1/2 yr old and 8 mo old--It was like when she would go out with Michelle, Kyle, me and Kora!  People looked at me like I was crazy--probably because I had a baby in the front pack and 3 kids in a double stroller.  heehee
All bathed and ready for a movie and popcorn w/ Uncle Zach!  The kiddos LOVE popcorn and Uncle Zach loves watching movies.
This is how they slept. Sophia was in Abby's bed and Abby and Griff shared a queen size mattress.  Of course Abby and Griff also used her bed and the mattress as jumping stations.  Griff would jump off of Abby's bed onto the mattress.  When Kyle and Amy got to our house and saw that they were playing like this Kyle was a little nervous but I just had to tell him I don't look and just hope its all okay.  :)
The newly landscaped backyard has been wonderful.  Abby loves to run around back there and we don't have to have boots on to do it.  The other day Shasta and Quinn came over to say hello.  Abby LOVES playing w/ the dogs. . .Ty, on the other hand, was a little apprehensive.  You can sorta tell by the lines by his eyes that he is crying.  :)
This summer Abby's preschool has 4 summer camps that she can go to.  So far she's done 3 and loves them.  Here she is eating lunch w/ her friends, McKenna and Sarah.  I just love picking her up and seeing her sitting at the table w/ her lunch for some reason.  It's just so cute.
 The other evening I took Abs and Ty on a run/walk at the Burke Gilman trail and ended at the park in Woodinville.  I finally remembered to bring sand toys for the sand box.  Abby was a little disappointed that the sand wasn't firm enough for her to make sand castles but I think she still had fun.  Ty, of course, ate a handful of sand right after this picture!  YUK
My pretty little lady sportin one of Sophia's old outfits.  She looked so cute in it. . .and she is just getting so old, I can't even believe she will be 3 this year!
Ty is also getting so big.  He'll be 9 months Aug. 15th!  He is crawling everywhere and he is fast!  He is also pulling himself up onto things and then thinks he can stand/walk on his own.  I feel like I am all over the place trying to protect him from biting the dust.  He is so proud that he can almost do the same things as his sister.  He wants to be just like her!  Yesterday they both wore me out--she likes to sit and lay on him and he likes to try to climb her and pull her hair.  They both don't care that the other is doing it but I care. . .it's so hard keeping them apart though!
Last night I took the kids to Redmond Town Center for dinner and to play.  Zach was at a work out competition type thing at the gym and we were stir crazy from being home all day so we ventured out.  I was so tired though and kind of worried my idea would backfire on me and dinner w/ two babes would be a disaster.  I prayed it would all be okay because I really wanted a nice dinner. . .and they were both soooo good.  I had each one in a highchair on either side of me.  After dinner we went to get ice cream and play w/ the toys.  There was a concert too so we listened to that for awhile.  Abby and Ty loved being outside enjoying the warm summer evening.  Ty fell asleep on the way home and Abby was close!
I'm so glad we still have some summer left to play in the sun!  I just wish I got summer break like the kids so we could play all day every day!  :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Kimberly...this is a cute post...It does look like you and the kids are having a fun summer. I am so anxious to see the backyard. It is hard to believe Abby will be 3 and Ty will be 1! Even though you are crazy busy enjoy this time...before you know it they will be all grown up! The time goes so fast....We love you guys....Grammy and Grandpa