Thursday, December 27, 2007
I got Sophia little "Baby Legs" as part of her Christmas present and Santa brought her ballet slippers. Doesn't it look like she has been at Dance Class all day?? Love it! (She's got a cold so looks a little drowsy)
Posted by Kimberly at 10:18 AM
Thursday, December 20, 2007
I am supposed to be making cookie dough for my fun Christmas platters but all I want to do is lay on my couch, smell my yummy candles and stare at my tree. Take a look. .. Kinda hard to see but if I used the flash, you couldn't get the glowing affect I am staring at. :)
So, since I am vegging until it is absolutely time to bake, I thought I would do the Christmas questionare. . .and have a glass of wine. I love those things (the questionare. ..well, and I guess the glass of wine too.)
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Paper, usually the same for the whole family-- I like that everyone know's those are my gifts under the tree.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Real! I hope when I have children no one is allergic.
3. When do you put up the tree? Usually around the second week of December so it lasts through New Year's.
4. When do you take the tree down? After New Years.
5. Do you like eggnog? Gross--agreed!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Hmmn, I loved those Cabbage Patch Kids.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? yes
8. Hardest person to buy for? The Boys in my fam. . .they never act like they want anything
9. Easiest person to buy for? Usually my sisters
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Well, if I did anything it would be mail, I love getting them and just need to buck up and send something out.
11.Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Win Lose or Draw board game, My mom got it for me as a filler gift (she always made sure my sis's and bro's all got the same # of gifts) I think I gave it to Goodwill brand new
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Don't think I have a fave, but I like Home Alone
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I usually start thinking about gifts in October and start shopping after Thanksgiving
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Sugar Cookies and Chocolate Crinkles
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear
17. Favorite Christmas song? Baby It's Cold Outside
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? I go to my Parents house and it is so much fun. I'm sure that will change when I get married and have a family. . .at least every once in awhile.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Maybe.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star, that makes my tree look like it's going to topple over.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? A few on Christmas Eve (name draw and Dad's) and the rest on Christmas morning, which then leads into the afternoon--BIG FAMILY to go through
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? That I can't just take the entire month off to be festive with friends and family and enjoy the spirit of the season.
23. What do you want for Christmas this year? Nothing major, mostly things I need but don't want to buy.
24. Favorite ornament theme or color? I like to describe my tree as somewhat of a Country Christmas Tree because it has apples, and gold balls along with all the fun orni's I get every year at the Orni Exchange.
25. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Our family friends, the Flukes, usually bring us over Christmas dinner in a basket. . .wine, bread, salad, steamer clams and oysters so we do that along with all kinds of other things--whatever anyone is hungry for that is available, pretty casz.
Merry Christmas everyone. May you all have safe travels home or to where ever you decide to spend this glorious holiday. :)
Posted by Kimberly at 7:19 PM
Monday, December 17, 2007
Posted by Kimberly at 10:55 AM
Monday, December 10, 2007
& BE MERRY
I just thought this last picture was funny. . .Zach is tall. :)
Posted by Kimberly at 11:28 AM
Tuesday, December 4, 2007
Posted by Kimberly at 8:47 AM
Monday, December 3, 2007
We all made a trip out to the Alderbrook Resort & Spa this weekend to experience their Winter Wonderland. They have everything decorated so beautifully and have tons of lights. . .we got lucky because we even got SNOW to make it a MAGICAL (my word for the weekend) Winter Wonderland. Everything was perfect, dinner in the restaurant, the cottages we all stayed in (complete with cozy fireplaces and our own Christmas trees), the resort staff and best of all SANTA! Check out the website, http://alderbrookresort.com/. I work there so if anyone is interested in making a trek to the Hood Canal, let me know, I'll see what type of deal I can get you! THANKS Mom and Dad for the magical weekend. . .what a wonderful way to start the holidays. I can't wait to do it again.
Zach & I on Santa's Lap
Little Sophes lookin so cute!
Sophia loved the snow, she would look up at it and laugh
Posted by Kimberly at 11:05 AM