Friday, March 21, 2008

Moving Day

Well, Kora and I are going to be near (more near) each other again soon. Today we are moving her into the apartment next door. Her kitchen will look into my bedroom. . .guess I should make sure my bllinds are always shut! When she graduated from college we lived together in Factoria, then moved to Kirkland together (my favorite apartment), then to Queen Anne together. I broke up with her to live with a guy--BIG MISTAKE! although it did lead us to finally living on our own and loving it. For the past few years she's lived on top of the hill and I've lived on the lower Westside of the hill. We can walk to each other's places. Anyways, her apartment building is being torn down so they can build nicer condos and the apartment next door to me was available. It's very similar to mine (I actually think its a little cuter) :). It will be fun to be so close again. ..almost like we live together. My family jokes and calls us Aunt Katherine & Mary because we had Great Aunts that lived together til they both passed. . .we're kinda the new generation of that. We used to call our old apartment on QA, the K & K B & B because my mom and family members came up and stayed with us so much. It will be fun to be together (kinda) again. Praying for dry weather for the next couple of hours while we move. . .

Aunt Katherine & Mary playing with Sophes

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck you gals! "Re-united and it feels so good."

Can't wait to see the new pad Kora.

L

Becky K. said...

How fun! You could hang a "tin can telephone" between your windows!

I miss living with Sara. Enjoy every minute of it because you never know where you two will end up!!