Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The bathroom remodel begins

Okay, so I have to start with a pic of Abs even though this has nothing to do with the bathroom remodel. :) She is a total toddler now. . .climbing on everything, walking even more and becoming ever so vocal. HA
My little helper always right at my heels.Now on to the bathroom. . .A before pic. I've always wanted a blue and white bathroom as you can see w/ the towels--just not the color blue that was already on the wall. Goodbye Crayola Crayon Blue and goodbye awesome floor and vanity!

Oh yah and goodbye Tetris tile--what were they thinking??? They did the same thing in the master bathroom too. . .which means that will be our next project.
Zach was in charge of demo. . .
which led to this. :) C'mon--most DIY projects have at least one mistake. Here's ours and the great thing is--Zach is the master at patching up holes so I didn't even stress. A little baseball hole--no big deal!And onto the NEW--white subway tile for the bathtub. I'm in love with subway tile and am sooo excited for this to be complete. Zach also repainted the walls a darker more navy style blue and the ceilings a new bright white. We will do white wainscoting on the bottom half of the walls and get a new Hickory vanity. There will be new slate tile on the floor that I am also really excited about. They are rectangular shaped instead of large squares. More pics to come as we progress through this transformation. It all should be done sometime next week. . .And of course I have to end with a pic of my little munchkin. This is where Abigail is getting baths during this remodel. I actually like it a lot because there is less bending over so my back thanks me but I think Abby still likes her big tub. :)

4 comments:

Carol said...

Abby can always come over to take a bath... and if Zach needs any help, Tom is ready with his tools!

Marisa said...

Oh my gosh I love it so far! I can't wait to see the end result. Abs looks so cute in the kitchen sink:).

Amy said...

so excited for the finished project. good job, zach!!

Kristy said...

Told ya the sink was the ticket!! I would still bathe my kids in there if they fit..haa haa :)
the new bathroom sounds awesome. can't wait to see the final pics.
See ya soon! :)
birdie