Tuesday, January 24, 2012

My kiddos and their milestones. . .

My bigga-boy finally had his 2 month check up today. We were supposed to have it last week but w/ the big storm we had to reschedule. He is doing great and gave the nurse and doc lots of smiles. . .already trying to win over the girls' hearts. :) He is 24 1/4 in. tall (95th%), 12 lbs 10 oz. (65-70th%) and head circumference 15 1/2 in (60th%). His height is primarily his upper body since both Z and I are pretty long wasted w/ short legs--HA and his head is much smaller than his sisters. Abs got Daddy's head and Ty got mine. :) I am anxious to see if Ty resembles me more than Abby as he gets bigger--we'll see! He is so dang cute with all his smiling--I just love it.

Abby got a new big girl bed and has slept in it 3 nights in a row. I am so excited to get the crib all set up in Ty's room so we can finally put his bedding out and have it look like a real nursery. We ordered a rocking chair from the Land of Nod forever ago and it is being delivered tomorrow so the whole room is really going to come together. I can't wait. Ty seemed to like his sister's bed too!Speaking of sis, she experienced her first sledding ride last week as well as her first snow angel. It is so fun to see the excitement in a child's eye about something new. Abby can definitely get excited for things. Zach told her she would be going on an airplane ride soon for our trip to Hawaii and she wanted to put her boots on and get in Mama's truck to go right now. She doesn't know what it means to have to wait for something. :) She is going to have so much fun in Hawaii with her cousins and Gramma and Grampa--we all can't wait. A much needed vacation for sure since I didn't really take maternity leave.
Here is Abigail in her new bed with all of her stuffies. I don't have a comforter because she refuses to cover up with anything so its a bottom sheet only. Once we get the crib out of her room I'll get her toys and books more organized--I CANNOT wait for that. . .I like organization. :) The last few nights Abs has wanted me to sleep with her so its been a struggle getting her to understand that its her bed and mama has her own bed. . .cuz I don't want to get in the habit of always have to lay with her til she falls asleep. Transitions are always difficult for about a week and then it always seems to get better--hope that's true with this too. :)
I know I say this all the time but I can't believe how fast time flies. I can't believe my baby girl is in a big girl bed and that my little guy is 2 months old--Life is definitely crazy but I wouldn't change a thing. . .okay--I lie, I would change one thing. . .I'd be a stay at home mom MINUS the full time work from home part. :)

5 comments:

Carol said...

My mother-in-law used to tell me that I'd blink and they'd all be in college. With four born within five years and all the craziness that came with that, I didn't believe her because some days just went so slooooowly. But the years... man, those years passed by in a heartbeat.

Marisa said...

Ty looks huge in that top picture!!! He is a bigga boy:). I think time speeds up when you become a mother...that is probably why people love being grandparents so much, cause they have figured out to slow down and enjoy it...LOL.

Michelle said...

Did u Forget that she will have fun with Aunt Michelle Too. Can not wait to see your little family. Can not wait for the long over due Vacation for all of us. See u soon. :)

Amy said...

Ty totes lookes like he's flexing and showing his bigga muscles in the first pic. =) So cute!

Anonymous said...

Ty, you better grow a chest boy! Lay off the carbs. You look like the big show.