Saturday, February 11, 2012

A big boy bed

Since Abigail transitioned so nicely to her big girl bed I finally got to put Ty's room together! I love it so much. The colors are primarily blue and white with a splash of red. It is just so cozy and my new Land of Nod rocking chair is awesome. I literally could just sit in here and veg all day long. . .that is if I actually had the opportunity to do that--yah right!

When we got back from Hawaii Ty slept in his bassinet one night and then I did the big transition to the crib for him at night and he did great! He sleeps the whole night through usually waking up around 5am or 6am for a quick feeding and then back to bed. I only wish he would sleep that well during the day! My little guy really likes to sleep and snuggle on mama during the day which doesn't work too well since I am supposed to work and also take care of his sister. Every time I put him down he sleeps for about a 1/2 hour and then wakes up. :( Sooo not okay with this and will continue to work on his sleeping schedule. I am really trying to get him and Abs to take a nap during the afternoon at the same time. . .we'll see if that ever happens.

Now I just need to get the bassinet all cleaned up for Kora and Nick's little arrival! Kyle and Amy passed it on to us when Griffin outgrew it and it has been so nice to have for our little ones the first few months of their lives. It is a slim little thing so it fits nicely in our bedroom. . .we've actually had a pack n play and the bassinet at the end of our bed since Ty was born because Abby loves to play in her Joovy while watching movies on the big screen in our bedroom. Can't wait for the day when we have our room completely back to ourselves. . .will that ever happen??? :)

So before you look at the pic below I'll warn you--I let my child sleep on his tum. . .I know, I'm crazy and shouldn't and when the nurse asked if he was sleeping on his back I flat out lied and said yes. . .but he doesn't. Please don't judge. . . :)




3 comments:

Marcy said...

Looks great! Now I need you to go to my blog and help me decide which nursery decor option to go with!

Malia said...

Such a cute boy room for your cute boy!

Beth said...

Love Ty's room and the chair! Looks super comfy :)