Sunday, July 15, 2012

8 months already? Are you kidding me?

I still can't believe my little guy is 8 months old today!  He is so cute, squishy and lovable.  He adores his sister so much.  I love watching them together.  At 8 months old Ty is eating solids. . .I have to admit, I am not the greatest w/ this milestone. . .I hate how messy baby food is and that I have to be the one to feed it to him so he's kind of gone straight to solids.  He loves french fries and honey nut Cheerios.  I do really need to start introducing more "healthy" options for him.  :)  He has also mastered crawling and sitting up on his own.  With Abby I would prop pillows all around her to get her to learn to sit up on her own.  Ty--another story, I tried that a few times but every time he would go forward and then end up on his tummy so I just quit trying.  One day I looked down and he was just sitting up on his own like he had been doing it forever.  We haven't looked back since.  :) I love that he can sit and crawl now--he keeps himself so entertained all over the house, pushing toys and going after them.  Abby and I always giggle when we see him crawling down the hall to find us because he looks so tiny.  He is so strong and is already trying to pull himself up to standing. 
 Abby has had a lot going on lately too--Her preschool offers 4 summer school weeks so we've decided to enroll her in them and she is loving it!  She goes Mon-Thurs 9am-noon and gets to eat lunch with the other kids.  She got to pick out a lunch pail (Toy Story) and a water bottle (Cars).  It is just so cute picking her up and seeing her eating with all of the other little ones.  She seems like such a big girl now--its crazy!

 This green dress is becoming her favorite thing to wear.  When I ask what she wants to put on for clothes today she always says her "green dress".  Hey, at least it is cute!  :)
 Once again, we all celebrated the 3rd and 4th of July at Alderbrook Resort & Spa.  Abby was soooo excited to see her cousins, aunts, uncles, Grandpa, Grandma and of course the fireworks. . .as you can see though she fell asleep mid way through the show!  :(  She was beat.  All she talks about now is fireworks and "Grammas cottage" cuz my parents stayed in a cottage at Alderbrook.  We will be doing it again next summer and I can't wait!
 Daddy is working on getting Ty to love the water as much as his sister.  He dunked him in the pool but Ty did NOT like it at all.  You can't tell by this picture but boy was he mad at his dad just minutes earlier.  We are trying to toughen this guy up. . .he is a little softy compared to his sis.  :)
 Our little crawler finding some fries to munch on!  hee hee, love it.
 Finally we are getting warm weather which meant we needed a pool for the backyard. . .the backyard that is in the process of being landscaped!  I am so excited for it to be done which should be this week.  It is going to be awesome to be able to play back there.  When Zach and I moved in to this house the backyard was a marsh covered in HUGE trees--major difference now.

 Our deck is so huge we have lots of room for the little ones to play and they can't escape!  Ty REALLY wants to play with his sister all. the. time!  Usually she is okay with it but there are times she gets annoyed with him trying to pull her hair and eat her legs.  :)
 This particular day Abby kept bringing toys out to the deck.  I swear we had all the toys from inside out there by days end.  Our cute little cowgirl. . .of course shirtless cuz that's how she rolls lately!
 This is today--Ty's birthday!  He crawled back to Abby's room while I was changing her diaper.  He always wants to be a part of the action.  It is so cute hearing his hands slap on the hardwood floor as he ventures around the house from room to room.  I honestly can't believe I have an almost 1 year old and an almost 3 year old.  Life has definitely settled down a little and my hormones aren't all crazy so heck I'm ready for #3!  Hee hee. . .well, maybe not quite ready.  :)
 Happy 8 month birthday happy boy!

2 comments:

Leah said...

Great post! I too can't believe how fast your kids are growing. It's crazy!

Anonymous said...

Kimber...this is a cute post....They are so sweet! We love you guys....Mom and Dad