Sunday, November 16, 2008

Lucky Dog

For those of you who know me well, you know I didn't grow up with dogs and to put it nicely, was a little hesitant about ever having one myself. . .until I met Lucky Dog. He is Zach's dad's dog who lives above us. He is 98 years old in dog years which is perfect for me. He doesn't jump up on me or try to lick me. :) Rudy, Zach's dad is in Thailand for a month so we offered to take care of Lucky while he is gone. . .I mean, he would come in and hang out with us regularly anyway so it seemed the best thing to do. I LOVE IT. It is so nice having a little companion here with me during the day and I love taking him on walks. We went on a walk today down to the water facing good ol' Vashon Island. I got some pretty shots I thought I would share with you. I like to be the one holding the leash but we walk much faster than Zach. I told Zach I probably shouldn't own a dog younger than Lucky because I would have to run with him the entire time. . .for a 98 year old we walk pretty fast!

Mr. Lucky Dog

Zach and Lucky playin in the leaves

Me givin Lucky some love even though it looks like I'm strangling him, I'm really scratching him behind his ears.

The beautiful sunset and lovely Vashon Island

5 comments:

Leah said...

I feel like a proud parent listening to you come into your own with dogs...you'll make a good dog mom one day!

I can't wait to get mine!

Molly said...

What a cute pooch! :)

Anonymous said...

You could have Lady if you want!!!:) She is the sweetest little dog...you would love her. I love that you are starting to like dogs because I went through the same transformation a few years ago. They just make you happy:)

Anonymous said...

Oops that last comment was from me, Marisa:)

Amy said...

I can't believe you're going to convert! I love the last pic of Zach's silouhette in front of the water. You should swap that one for the pic you have in hanging your bathroom that some people think looks like some other guy I won't mention. :o)