Monday, November 10, 2008

You gotta love em. ..

So, those of you that live with men might appreciate this story. One day I was overwhelmed with the mess we had acquired in our lovely little home so I said to Zach, "I wish sometimes you would just NOTICE that there are piles of clothes on the couch that have been there all week, I wish you would NOTICE that the floors are filthy and need to be swept and vacuumed, or that the recycling and garbage need to be taken out. I feel like a nagger when I have to ask you to do those things. . .as I am ranting on, he quietly gets up and starts putting the clothes away. . .I don't usually separate our piles because I usually am the one that puts the clothes away and can easily tell what is his and what is mine. He, on the other hand, doesn't realize these things quite so easily so he put my jeans, the only jeans I have that are short enough to wear with tennis shoes or flats with his pile of jeans. At the time, I was like, thanks Zach for doing that. . .so that same night I remembered that the Big Blue Truck was coming around our neighborhood to pick up used clothing. You leave a bag out on the street by 7:30am and they'll pick up your stuff--I love this because I never seem to make it to Goodwill, clothes sit in my trunk for months. I reminded Zach of this and said, "go through your closet and take whatever out you don't need and don't forget jeans since we just got you some new ones. He looks in his closet and grabs some things and brings them to me, literally in 2 minutes. I said, as I have the 2 pairs of jeans in my hand, "how did you choose these two pairs to give away?" He said, I just know they're old. "Okay," I think and stuff them into the bag and put it out on the street. Next day I go to grab that pair of jeans I know is clean and they are nowhere to be found. I instantly know what has happened. I was frantic, livid and trying to be a calm 32 year old. I knew I had two football games to go to that weekend that clearly I was not going to wear high heels to so I had to take the jeans I was planning on getting hemmed eventually so I would actually have 2 pairs of short jeans to a lady that could actually get the hemming done in one day. I was scared because I had never been there but she came through for me in the clutch and had the jeans done in a few hours! I don't let Zach live this story down, I definitely remind him of it every day but he also reminds me that I actually touched the jeans last before going into the give away bag. Ladies, my tip to you--let them help around the house but always thoroughly check everything they have done. I love this guy to death so I can at least laugh about it now but boy, was I mad that day!

1 comments:

Marcy said...

Ha! That story made me laugh. I must admit I'm the one guilty of leaving piles in our house and Kyle is the one that goes around cleaning up after me...bad Marcy.