Tuesday, July 28, 2009

It's A Girl!

Zach and I had the ultrasound today to find out the sex of our baby and it's a girl. The little one was being stubborn with her legs crossed (she's so modest--weird!) :) and she kept staying all tucked tight and low. . .I said she's like momma--still wanting to be all snuggled up even when it's 90 degrees out. We did get a shot (finally) of in between her legs and there was nothin there so we're pretty sure it's a girl although the technician did put a ? in our file which is a bit scary but the way she was acting--I'm saying girl all the way. :) Apparently baby is growing "generously" in our docs words, with measurements that actually put me ahead of my due date by 4 days. She isn't changing the due date or anything but it looks like little Abigail (Abby) Kristine (Kristine after Aunt Kora) loves her donuts, cake, pies, scones and cookies as much as Mom does. :) I've also gained 6lbs since my last appointment which brings my total weight gain to 11lbs I believe. I told Zach Abby is going to have him wrapped around her finger in no time and he said she already does. . .so sweet. :) We are just so excited to bring her into this world.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

awkward. I didn't get an ultrasound. who knows what they would have found. -zach

Jamie said...

Congrats!

Malia said...

Yaay! Little girls are so much fun--better clean out your closets now to make space for lots of CLOTHES and shoes! :) I love the name. Our girls will (almost) share a middle name--Bianca's is Christina after Kora and my sister Laura. Congrats!

Shannon said...

Yeah!!!

Marisa said...

So excited for Abby to get here. I can't wait to see what she looks like. Mom and I have been cheersing (if that is a word) her all day!!

Beth said...

How exciting to have a baby girl and Abby is such a darling name! Congratulations - so happy for you two!

Molly said...

Love the name - I'm so excited for the two of you!! xoxo!

Cate said...

I'm thrilled for you and Zach! Abigail is an adorable name. I guess I was wrong when I guessed you were having a boy.

MamaQ said...

Yay!!!! little girls are just so sweet...I'm excited for you!