Sunday, April 17, 2011

The Bathroom Remodel Completed!

The bathroom remodel has been done for awhile but I just haven't been motivated to post anything lately. It's hard to get good pics of the bathroom because it's not huge but here goes. . . Okay, well first a pic of Abigail and Uncle Joe because it is too cute not to post. This is at my mom and dad's house from a few weeks ago. Abs loves to walk in loops around their house--this girl can't get enough of being outside! Such a northwest baby.We chose natural slate for the floors. It apparently is pretty difficult to install due to its irregular heights etc. but the tile layer did a great job and we love it. We still need to get a new vent cover that isn't white. . .The new vanity is hickory wood w/ a granite counter top. All of our fixtures are brushed satin. We decided to keep the medicine cabinet/mirror that was already here because both Zach and I kinda liked it and it's very useful for storage. Someday maybe I'll have some more decorative pieces in here but for now it'll have to be lotion and toothpaste. :)Our new subway tile--seriously who doesn't love subway tile??? We chose to have the tile go all the way up to the ceiling--I highly recommend it! The best shot I could get of the whole bathroom. Dark blue walls w/ white wainscoting. Our shower curtain is white w/ blue leaves (from Pottery Barn years ago) which has always inspired me to want a bathroom to actually match. People thought this blue was going to be too dark but with the white lower half and the skylight it actually works wonderfully! I knew it would. :) Now I just need to hang my pictures back up and we should be good to go. All in all I love the final product although I've decided I HATE the process of remodeling!!!

5 comments:

Marisa said...

I though you told me the cabinets are Hickory, not cherry...isn't cherry darker?? I think it all looks sooooooo good. I LOVE the subway tile...classic:). Good job.

Amy said...

it all looks so nice! Can't wait to see it in person one of these days. Great job guys!

Kimberly said...

yes, you are correct Marisa--it is hickory--i just changed it! Thanks for catching that

Michelle said...

It looks great. Can not wait to see it in person.

Carol said...

LOVE it!!!!