Monday, October 24, 2011

36 weeks and the Pumpkin Patch

Well I've officially lasted longer than I did w/ my pregnancy w/ Abigail. I'm 36 weeks along and had a check up today. My doctor did a cervical exam to see where I was at and seemed quite shocked at how low Ty's head was. . .I knew he was low because I've been uncomfortable and achey in that area lately and he always feels like he is going to come on out if I walk too fast or too much. She said I was 80-90% effaced and 1 centimeter dilated and that she'd be totally surprised if I went til my scheduled c-section date. With that being said she asked if I would want a VBAC if I went into labor before then. . .up until today I thought I was c-section all the way because it went well w/ Abs and I recovered great etc. etc. . .but all of a sudden I started to change my mind today with the idea that Ty could come early. I've now decided that if I go into labor on my own before Nov. 13th I will have a vaginal birth. . .with an epidural of course and anything else I might need to ease the pain. . .and now I'm actually really excited thinking about it. My next appointment is Nov. 1st. . .if I make it til then. :) We lucked out with nice weather on Sunday for a quick trip to the Pumpkin Patch. . ."quick" being the key word. . .Abby wasn't totally interested which I was surprised about. I thought she'd love touching all the pumpkins but all she wanted to do was be held by me or ride in the wheelbarrow. It was totally muddy there so walking around wasn't the greatest option and Abs really just wanted to walk in the puddles. . .which would have been fine if we had rain boots but all we had were regular ol leather boots. Hey, we got a few cute pics. . .but even then Abs was being a little poop head and wouldn't pose. We tried to get a family pic and she wasn't having any of it. Low and behold, we got in the car and she fell asleep so I guess she was a little tired. :)







7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Kimberly, We are getting excited for baby Ty! Gosh, I can't believe we are adding another family member!! Please continue to take good care of yourself....Let Ty decide his birth date and how he wants to come into this world...Whatever is best for you and Ty....We love you. Dad and Mom

Kora said...

Kim, so excited you've decided to blow out your vag, given the chance :). I can't believe Ty will be here soon. I can't wait to hold him. You look rull pretty in your solo pic and I love Abby's orange sweater. Supes cute!

Marisa said...

You look supes pretty in your solo pic!!!! I am totes jeal that you haven't gotten all puffy like I did at the end...I look like the Michelan Man in all my pics right before I have Don:). Like Kora said, I am excited that you have decided to blow your vag out...maybe now you will understand what I mean about being a little swollen in that region...LOL!!! Can't wait for Baby Ty to get here!!!!

Amy said...

I'm so glad you decided to give the VBAC a try. I hope it all works as well for you as it did for me. You look gorgeous in that pic and Abs looks super cute. Her feet look kinda like Aunt Michelle feet in that last pic with the boots out front. Maybe it's just the angle. :o) Loving all the pics of her with piggies. I am soooo excited to meet Ty!

Jolene said...

You are so pretty posing with your tummy! I hope you do go with the VBAC-your recovery time will be so much easier with Abby running around! Call if you have any questions on his breastfeeding. :)

Leah said...

What a beautiful picture of you at 36 weeks!

Abby is adorable! I love her "pigs" and her Fall sweater.

Good for you for getting out and moving. Can't wait to meet your new little guy!

Anonymous said...

I had no idea so many people were interested in my wife's vag. Kind of awkward really...