Thursday, March 15, 2012

4 months old today!

So much fun stuff today! Not only did Ty turn 4 months but we also toured a pre-school for Abigail and I think she (and Zach and I) really liked it. It is called Vaulting Frogs and it is a gymnastics based preschool so there are three rooms--1. has toys for playtime 2. has tables etc. for art and learning and 3. a big room for gymnastics which Abby loved. She bounced on a trampoline for the first time and had so much fun! Zach and I even left her there to see how she would do and went next door to a place called Tot Spot Cafe which is a coffee shop that has a huge play area in the middle for kids to play. It is internet friendly so I plan on going there w/ the kids and the computer to get some work done while Abs is entertained. It's only $6 for an hour to play there or $10 for the day. Abby whined/cried for a second while we left but when we got back she was in a smock and painting away! It was so dang cute. When we left she said bye to Miss Jenny. . .soooo, I think we will try it out for the next few months til the school year is over. 2 days a week from 9-11:30. I think it will be wonderful for the both of us.
After we did the tour I let Abby go next door to play for a bit since I had been telling her we were going to see "toys" and we weren't at Vaulting Frogs for very long. . .She. Loved. Tot Spot! We were there for about a half hour and she played and played and didn't even care if I was there. It is such a cool place for moms (and dads) to take their kids. . .especially on a rainy day like today!
When we were done with the tour and Tot Spot we then headed over to the doctor's office for Ty's 4 month check up. He is doing great developmentally and of course was just as happy as could be the whole time. He cried for one second when he got his shots but that ended as soon as I picked him up. . .such a good little boy. He is 26 inches tall (84%), 14.6 1bs. (30%) and his head is 35th%. I was surprised to find that he was only 30th% for weight cuz I think he is a chunker dunker but I guess he is my little skinny minny!
It's been fun pulling out the new stations for him to play in. Every time I bring out the bumbo Abby wants to sit in it. :) Ty does okay in it but doesn't always look totally comfortable so I never leave him in there for very long. . .I'm sure as he continues to get stronger he will do better in it.
I can't believe the roller coaster of emotions you go through after having a baby. . .it has been stressful and more difficult for me this go around BUT this past week and half has been REALLY good and I find myself admiring my children in ahhh so much. They are both so cute and I just love them so much. . .we had a big family hug the other day and every time I think about it I could just cry. I'm definitely at that spot again where I am so happy that I just feel like I could burst. . .oh how much better life is when babies go to bed easily. :) Both Abs and Ty have been awesome at bedtime and that makes for one happy Mama and Daddy!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gosh Kimber....You made me cry....This is such a cute post and I am so happy things are better with your little family...I knew you could work through all the little bumps (and there still might be bumps but that is OK). You and Z are truly blessed. Enjoy! Love, Mom

Marcy said...

That preschool sounds great!

Leah said...

Kimberly, I too had welling tears while reading your post. So many changes and emotions can really make ya feel crazy sometimes. After spending time with you and the kids I just couldn't believe what a bang up job you were doing juggling having a 2 year old, a newborn and a full time job! I practically held my breath watching you do your thing, and wondered if I could ever. I am thrilled Abby loves Leaping Frogs, and I WISH Mike and I had a fun coffee shop to go to with Drew! You rock Mommy Wyckoff!

Laura said...

I'm so so happy for you guys that things are getting easier!! Having a 2 year old & a newborn is really challenging. I've been there & feel your pain. Abby will LOVE preschool & it should make your life a little easier too :)
Laura

RealExams said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.