Monday, February 11, 2008

Dry Month

Zach and I decided to take the month of February off from drinking alcohol. It was originally his idea and I thought, well, if he can do it, so can I. Gah, at 31 years old, this is a HARD task. I wouldn't say I am an alcoholic but I do enjoy wine with dinner. I've also noticed that many of the events we go to have alcohol. . .brunch at Annie's, dinner with Leah and Lorissa, dinner with my parents, poker with his friends, etc. 10 days down with 19 to go! We have a big Date Night scheduled for March 1st since its a Saturday as our reward for making it. I can't wait!

5 comments:

Shannon said...

Im proud of you guys! Good luck making it the next 19 days.

And seriously? Brunch at Annies?
That cracked me up.

Marcy said...

And your next big "no alcohol" challenge will be at my wedding! Hopefully you aren't too shy to dance sober!

Kimberly said...

Marcy, I know! It is going to be a tough challenge. Can't wait to go though. :)

Anonymous said...

So basically you're saying the people surrounding you need to take a trip to Betty Ford? Good for you, holding out to the weekends is all I can handle, and man, once it hits my lips...

Anonymous said...

Good for you Kimberly. I know how hard it really is and I give you guys tons of credit. You never realize how much alcohol is everywhere until you try to stop for a while. Jamie's wedding was my first big social event with no drinking - talk about hard!
Laura