Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Busy, Busy

I had an action packed weekend but it was all great! I love that it was so hot, well except for when I was sitting at breakfast on Sunday morning and pretty much sliding off the leather booth in my own sweat. Ick. :) Anyways, the weekend started with Zach and I having dinner and drinks down on Alki. It was fun, lots of people watching. We came home and played music real loud (his dad was gone so it was okay) and danced around in the kitchen. He has some great music downloaded on his computer and it links right into our tv/stereo system which is perfect. Then on Saturday I had a family reunion at my Aunt and Uncle's in Tumwater. They have a pool so we got to lay out and swim around in the 90 degree heat. Sophia was there and making me a nervous wreck because she doesn't want to wear a life jacket and wants to walk right into the pool like its hard ground. We had to be on her at all times. She was so dang cute though. Her new thing is doing "nastics" (gymnastics) since watching the Olympics. When the reunion was over some of us kids went back to mom and dads to sit around their fire pit and make smores. We got eaten alive by mosquitoes so unfortunately did not stay out too long. Then Kora, Marisa and Joe came back up to my house with me and spent the night. It was a Hussey sleepover! We woke up bright and early on Sunday to help Kora move out of her apartment in Seattle and down to Olympia!! She finally made the move. She'll live with my parents til the end of August and then she moves into a cute little 2 bedroom home near Olympia high school. She gets to work from home so she still has her job with Worktank which is great and now she is finally near Nick. It's all coming together for her. :) I will miss having her up here since we have been the "aunties" living in Seattle together but she will come up once a week and so we'll probably plan on doing dinner together those nights. I'll already see her this Thursday. :) Sunday night I met Lorissa up at Newcastle Golf Course for dinner and drinks and I finally met Zach's sister, Jessica who works there. I was a little nervous to meet her but once she walked by and I asked if she was Jessica and then introduced myself the ice was broken and we chatted for quite a while. She is adorable. She's much younger than Zach so she's sorta like his Joe. :) I don't have any pictures to go with this post so this is it. Hope everyone has a great week.

0 comments: