Sunday, August 31, 2008

I'm goin to the chapel. . .

And we're gonna get married!

As many of you know, Zach and I have been making wedding plans for awhile now but we weren't officially engaged until now--It's official. We had plans to go to dinner on Friday night with a bunch of people to the Metroplitan Grill. Zach and I both love the water taxi from Alki to downtown so we took that instead of driving. I brought my camera because last time we were on it, I forgot it and you can get some amazing shots of the city. We went to the front of the boat to get a picture and as soon as we were done and I was looking at it to see if I liked it, I looked up and Zach had the ring and asked if I would marry him. I grabbed the ring and hugged him and said yes, of course and he had to tell me to please put the ring on because I got so excited I forgot to and he we was worried it would fall overboard. It's a beautiful oval shaped diamond solitaire--he knew I really wanted an oval (ever since working at Curt Berry Jewelers in high school). We still went to dinner but the group we were supposed to meet up with was actually at El Gaucho. . .another great steak house in Seattle. Ummm, I celebrated quite a bit with champagne, wine, a Cosmo (thanks Mom & Dad), beer and a shot (thanks Luke). Saturday was our Qwest Cougar Football game and getting up for that was quite difficult but when I got there Leah and Mike had a bottle of Vueve to celebrate with so once I started up again, the hangover went away--thank Goodness!

We're Engaged!!

The view from the water taxi

Us at dinner (look how big Zach's steak is!!)

The Ricshaw ride from our tailgate to the stadium!

9 comments:

Marcy said...

Congratulations! I'm so glad the engagement caught up with the wedding planning!

Molly said...

Yipppee! This is such great news. So sad that I didn't get a chance to see you (and your new bling!) at the Coug game on Saturday.

Congratulations to both of you!!

Love,
Molly

Laura said...

YEAH!! CONGRATS!! Can't wait to see you at the next BC & hear all about it!

Shannon said...

Holy cow (pun intended)
Zach's Steak is almost as huge as your diamond!

Congratulations!!!

Becky K. said...

CONGRATS! That is SOOOO exciting Kimberly! I am very, very happy for you!

kmeno said...

congratulations, Kimberly. We are so stinkin' excited for you! This is one wedding party we don't want to miss! Love and miss you, Kristie and Brandon

Tracy said...

OH MY GOSH! I am just reading this now - I have been a bad blog checker lately!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! I am so happy for you guys and I can't wait until the big day. (Even if it means I will probably be celebrating from Hong Kong). Love, love, love to you!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so excited for you. You absolutely deserve it. Enjoy all the craziness & excitement that goes with planning a wedding.
miss you,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Congrats Kim & Zach! I know it's a bit delayed, but my VPN doens't allow me to look at blogs!