Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Mom & Dad's. . .

As soon as I got back from Montana Zach left for a work trip to Dallas so I decided to pack up and go to Mom & Dad's for a few days w/ Abigail. I felt like we hadn't seen them in forever (forever in Hussey time so probably not that long to everyone else) :). Abby got some good quality time with Grammy, Gramps, her aunties, Uncle Joe and her cousins--it was so much fun. Uncle Kyle was so busy with work that we didn't get to see him but hopefully soon.We decided her baths were just going to be in the sink while we were there. She loved it and man, it is so much easier on Mama's (and Grammy's) back.Sophia was taking pictures of all of us and then wanted to be in one--so cute. Love that girl sooooo much.Abby's hair is getting so long that I just had to post this pic--look how cute it flips out over her ears. She's at the stage of ripping the bows out of her hair. :( Hate it!So Mom and I watched Griff one day while Amy got her hair done and Sophes was at preschool. My mom was going to take him on a drive so he would fall asleep. . .for those of you who don't know--he has some issues with going to bed right now so it can be a but of a struggle. I got Abby down for her nap and said I was just going to put Griff in her car seat and rock him. I knew he was totes tired so I snugged him up with a blankie since we didn't even have his bink and rocked away--literally 5 minutes into it I looked under the canopy and eyes were closed. Once again Amy called me the Baby Whisperer. He slept there for almost 2 hours. I felt pretty proud of myself. :)It was fun being in Oly with the fam since usually I am the only one that lives somewhere else but it was also VERY nice to come home and finally be a family again. We missed Daddy!

3 comments:

Marisa said...

Baths in the sink are the best!!! Like I said when you were here, I can remember taking baths in the sink, so Mom must have done that with me for a really LONG time!!

Amy said...

Ummmm, is that picture of her in the bath an exact replica of Zach? She's such a little doll. Can't wait to see you both on Friday!!

Anonymous said...

Could Grammy take to dishes out of the sink first? What kind of hobo bath was that? Did Abby do her laundry in there too?