Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Sick baby

My baby girl's first bout with the flu...for the last few weeks she has been having some issues w/ not-so-fun diapers but I was blaming it on the fact that she is teething. The last few days it's gotten worse though and today after her afternoon nap she didn't seem right. She was lethargic and snuggly with Zach and I. . .not normal--usually she is crawling around and getting into everything. While we enjoyed this snuggy time with our babe we both got a little scared that all the poo had finally dehydrated her. She could barely hold her head up and actually fell asleep on Zach--she never falls asleep on us! I called the doctor office. . .again. . .but this time felt I needed to go in. Before they wanted me to cut out fruit, then cut out her milk etc. etc. but it wasn't getting better. Thankfully there is a beautiful new Urgent Care at the Bellevue Children's Hospital for after hours so we took Abby there and were helped immediately. I was so excited to see the building (but not to be there for my sick baby) because Marcy helped design it! It is so NICE. :) Great job Marcy--so much nicer than having to go to an ER. As we were pulling into our parking spot at Children's I turned around to the biggest barf-o-rama ever in Abby's new carseat (see above). :( It also got all over Abs and her blankets so I had to strip her down to a zip up hoody that thankfully I decided not to put on her before we got in the car. While we were checking in Zach cleaned up the seat/car as much as he could. I had a burp cloth and Clorox Wipes in my purse which were a huge help but I'm still gonna have to pull out our 1 week old carseat and figure out how to pull it apart to really get it clean. Not looking forward to that!

Here we are in our room. We had to give Abs Pedialite every 5 minutes for 30 minutes before we left. She was exhausted but couldn't fall asleep. Thankfully she just has a viral bug so the doc gave her something so she wouldn't puke anymore and hopefully she'll start getting better here within the next week. Poor girl is zonked in bed now (a bed I've already changed twice today so I'm hoping 3 is not a charm) :)
Ahhh, the really fun part of being parents. . .NOT. I know she'll bounce back and probably wake up all smiles tomorrow. I love you baby girl.

6 comments:

Amy said...

Poor baby girl. :O( I hope my sweet little niece starts feeling better soon. Although she looks super cute laying there with her mama, she just looks like she is thinking "why do i feel like this - someone help me, please."

Marisa said...

This makes me so sad:(. Poor little thing! Give her a big hug from me.

Marcy said...

Oh no! I'm sad that Abby was sick, but glad that she got treated at Children's Bellevue. It was a great project to work on and I always hope the environment makes things feel a little better.

Molly said...

Poor girl! It's always so hard to see your little ones sick, but as you said, they DO bounce back quickly. Hoping you and Zach don't get whatever Abby has!

Becky K. said...

Poor little bug! It's so scary having to take your own baby to the ER. I am so jealous you have such an amazing facility like Children's. I hope Abby feels better very soon!

Kora said...

Abby looks so sad in that pic :(. I'm glad she's feeling better, though...