Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I said Burrr it's cold in here

Wow---we got our first snow of the year yesterday along with extremely cold temperatures. I LOVE when it snows in the Northwest because everything shuts down. There was sun shining today and kids in the neighborhood sledding and playing in the snow all day--I loved it because I was all snuggled up in our house with our gas fireplace just watching out the window! I did venture out for about 5 minutes to snap a few shots of Abigail but it didn't last long cuz her fingers got cold. I can't find her mittens!!! Before the big chill and snowfall I was walking down the front steps with Miss Abigail and slipped and fell. It was the scariest thing ever but I took the entire fall all so Abby wouldn't hit her head or get hurt. She cried a little from being scared. . .I cried a lot from being scared. . .and I do have a HUGE bruise on my buns but all in all we are okay and will be very cautious walking outside from now on. This cute sweater is from Bird-I've been dying for Abby to be big enough to fit into it.

Zach and I took Abby out to Redmond Town Center on Sunday to enjoy some fresh air while we shopped. She's sporting her new jacket from Daddy, new shoes from Aunt Kora and Uncle Nick and the cute snow cap from Molly and Josh Massey--the matching mittens are lost, probably packed away with baby clothes. :(
Cold weather means fleece for sure and Avery and Bird shared this cute REI fleece with us which we love, love, love.
More fleece--snuggly pajamas...I just want to squeeze Abs when she is in her PJ's.
Well, even with the cold weather there's always time to be naked. Abs had a horrible diaper rash for about a week so we let her crawl around like this to air everything out. She loves it.
I can't believe Thanksgiving is only a few days away. Zach has his turkey in a brine and I'll be working on my pie tomorrow. I can't wait to be with our family down at Kora and Nick's. It's always so much fun.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Cute pictures. The first one could be used as a christmas card. See you soon. Drive careful coming this way.

Amy said...

Well you could put socks on her hands so she looks really awesome -you know, like you did for Sophia on Queen Anne! :o)

Anonymous said...

Cute pics in teh snow!