Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Yikes, what a day. . .

Yesterday I got a call from Z around 8am...typical, we always talk about that time but I was getting Abby up so I missed the call. When I listened to the message it was my poor hub telling me that he dropped a 45lb. dumbbell on his toe and he thought it was broken!!! OUCH He was probably only lifting those weights cuz he knows I love his big arms--Sorry hon. The outcome. . .it was broken and he actually needed surgery so today we checked him into Overlake. :( He now has 2 pins or screws in his big toe and can't put any weight on it for at least a week. Who'd a thought a toe could cause this much trouble? He is fast asleep right now on pain pills and probably pure exhaustion. . .why I too am not in bed is beyond me. I was up early so that I was prepared to take care of both my babies today. Not only did Zach have to go to the doc but little Abigail had her 1 year doc appointment today as well and needed 4 shots. She was a trooper all day with her appointment and then hanging out at the hospital all day. I love my little fam and know they are both tough. . .we hope Daddy heals quickly! XOXOXO

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Nice going Zach. I was totally laughing at you. Thanks for making me laugh really hard. It was hard to read especially since I was laughing soo hard. That is what you get for being Mr. Muscle Man. HA HA

Kimberly said...

Michelle, that is not very nice--would you like a 45lb. weight to fall on your foot???

Marisa said...

I am confused at what was funny...I thought it was sad:(. Z, I hope you are feeling ok.

Anonymous said...

It's funny you mentioned why I was lifting those weights because that is exactly why I was doing it.