Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

This Thanksgiving weekend was absolutely perfect aside from the fact that I was sick with a cold. The Hussey's and the Minton's all came together for a wonderful celebration at Kora and Nick's. . .I think its the 3rd year we've gone there and I love it. Everyone contributes so my Mom isn't the only one cooking all day. Nick and Zach each cooked a turkey and they were both delicious. Thanks again N&K for hosting! We bought matching dresses for Abs and Sophes and got a matching sweater vest for Griff so decided we would do family pictures all wearing the same color scheme. I think we did actually get one good picture of everyone that will be a framer--it is kinda hard with so many people!

Abby looked so cute in her little dress and sweater. I loved how poofy it was but Abs hated it--makes it so she can't crawl so I have to tuck it all in to her tights. . .low and behold we soon changed her into a comfy Thanksgiving outfit more suitable for her mobility.

Griff on his way out w/ his stocking cap and jammies. The jammies were so cute but kept falling off his buns.
We stayed the night at Kora's and celebrated Zach's birthday on Friday. We went out to dinner at the Fishtale Brewery in Olympia and then headed to P's & Q's for drinks. . .Abby went to Grammy & Grampy's for the night so we both really got to let loose. . .which meant that we also stayed in Oly on Saturday night since neither one of us wanted to drive the next day from being a "little headachy and a little tired". It was a really fun night!
On Saturday we all went to Grammy and Grampy's to watch the Husky game and hang out. The kids are sooo dang cute together. Love this shot. . .who are their parents anyway??? Chips, cell phones, obviously watching TV. . .ahh the kids of 2010! :)

This was seriously one of my favorite Thanksgivings ever because we just got to Oly and vegged and hung out all weekend. . .we weren't in a rush to get back home so really got to enjoy our time together as a big ol happy family. I love my family so much and am thankful everyday for our friendships. ..my husband, my baby, siblings and mom and dad are truly the best friends I am not only stuck with for life but more so are blessed to have for life. I love you guys.

4 comments:

Marisa said...

I LOVE the picture of the kids on the bed!! LMAO...too cute. It was a great Thanksgiving weekend...made it hard to go back to reality on Monday:).

Cate said...

Glad you had a great Thanksgiving!

Amy said...

That is such a nice family picture of you three. I love the pic of all three on the bed because Sophia looks like the babysitter texting her boyfriend or something while the "kids" watch cartoons!

Kora said...

Love the pic of the kids on the bed and that Griff is rocking the purse. Love what you said at the end of this post, Kim...exactly how I feel, too. Love you guys!