Sunday, May 15, 2011

My big day!

Last weekend I had a big day to celebrate--Mothers' Day. . .and my, um, 35th birthday! I have to admit, I've had a tough time with 35. Don't get me wrong, I love my life right now but sometimes I find myself thinking--holy cow, where did my 20's go? Where is that crazy girl that loved to go out and have a good time. . .all the time. Where is that girl that responds to the question of "Kim, what do you want to drink?" as my brother heads up to the bar to order me something, with "oh, I'm not gonna drink much--just get me a pitcher of beer". Or that girl that orders the "vodka cran, light on the cran". I've substituted that with strawberry lemonade and getting into bed as soon as Abby does which is about 7pm!! Wow, life has really changed--all great changes though. . .a loving husband, a perfect baby girl, another baby on the way, a great job, a nice home. . .I mean I guess if I wasn't pregers I'd still be enjoying wine and would probably be in bed with a hangover right now from the wedding Zach and I went to last night--I mean, of course we still know how to have a good time even if we are getting old. hee hee Anyways, I still can't believe I'm a grown up. I used to always tell my mom that I didn't wanna grow up, I was a Toys R Us Kid. . .I guess I can still be that kid though even if I am a grown up. . .in fact that's probably why Abigail is such a silly, fun and loving child--her Dad and I are just big kids most of the time.
Okay, so here is part of the fam at Mother's Day Brunch. It turned out being a pretty day and we always love going out to the Olympia Country and Golf Club!The cousins always love to get together and play. It's so cute to watch them all interact. These cute green outfits were a present from Grammy and Boppa (Grandpa in Abigial's vocabulary)The cute outfit mixed in w/ some play clothes. :)My favorite birthday cake--cherry chip w/ pink frosting--lots of it! Wish I had some now!!I just love this pic of me w/ my babe. Motherhood is the best thing ever. It was so special getting to celebrate both my birthday and Mother's Day all in one.

3 comments:

Amy said...

You'll always be the fun crazy auntie - so don't worry about that! :o) We know we will always be able to count on you to get into a stroller, or crib, or baby seat or something... and sometimes maybe flash us all inappropriately. And some of those times I think you were sober - so don't fret... And when you're not doing something crazy, you'll still make us laugh with your tantrums. :O) We love you, Kim. Happy Birthday!

Kora said...

That pic with Abby and your cake is super cute! :)

Becky K. said...

Happy Belated Birthday Kimberly! I adore the photo of you with Abby. So cute!