Thursday, May 26, 2011

My 18, almost 19 month old. . .

Abigail is growing up so fast and her personality is hilarious. She loves to make people laugh and while she does it, she thinks she is quite funny always belting out a big laugh--the Hussey Honk for sure! She is walking and climbing everywhere keeping herself so busy. I am so thankful she plays so well by herself because on days like today when I was so busy with work she just kept going from one area to the next just playing with her toys and reading her books. I had to take her to Red Robin for being so good and when Daddy got home he played and played with her. She couldn't take it anymore and zonked in no time at all. She is saying more words all the time--Elbo has actually become Elmo, Woof Woof for Shasta has actually become Aaa-uhh. . .getting there. :) She can say Grandpa or more like Boppa which is adorable. I say a word or make a sound and try to have her repeat after me and she is getting soooo good at it. I'll go p, p, p, pig and she'll make the p sound just like me--I love it. :) So cute. She climbs on my back any time I am on the floor and she pretty much is at my heels all day long--mama, mom, ma. .HI! She's my little buddy that just lights up my life every day. . .even on the days that she doesn't want to sleep in her crib. :)
Here are a few pics from last weekend when the fam snuck over to Queen Anne on Friday afternoon for a late lunch, a walk and a trip to Kerry Park. It was a really fun afternoon with my loves.

hmmnn, one of those nights that she didn't want to sleep in her bed so I brought her to ours. See that little sliver of a spot on the side of the bed--that's where I slept all night. Not my fave thing in the whole world but gosh she is so dang cute. I woke up once and she had flopped over closer to Zach and their heads were pretty much touching facing each other just sleepin away. It was so cute I wanted to get a pic and post but I knew Z would kill me. :)


Look at those squishy cheeks. Abigail loves her blankie as much as her Mama loves hers. I still sleep with mine to this day pretty much just like that. hee hee Yesterday I washed Abby's blanket and she loves to do laundry with me so I brought her in the laundry room to help me transfer the clothes from the washer to the dryer. . .as soon as she saw her blankie (which she calls aannkie or something like that--it sorta sounds German the way she says it, so cute) she wanted to suck on it but realized it was wet. I threw it in the dryer and she kept trying to get it as I was throwing more clothes on it. Pretty soon she started to cry, not a loud cry but more a sad cry like why are you doing that, I just want my aannnnkie. She had the biggest tears and I felt so bad. I hugged her and we moved on to something else quickly. As soon as it was dry I gave it to her and she was soooo happy. Gosh, I just love the heck out of her.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Isn't this a fun age?! I love that little lady and can't wait to see her this weekend and hopefully a bunch this summer!

Kora said...

Your blankie is actually in the first sleeping pic :).

Amy said...

she looks plenty warm in bed

kyle

Kimberly said...

kyle, well when she ends up in our bed she is always waaaay hotter than when she is in her own bed. :) usually she doesn't even sleep w/ covers in her bed.