Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Another Fun Book Club

Last night was our July Book Club at Smash Wine Bar in Wallingford. We got to sit outside which at first was great but by the end of dinner we were all freezing! The food took forever to get to us so BC lasted a little longer than usual. I did think the food was great though and we could all hear each other so it was a nice "catch up". I drove home and got all nastalgic thinking about how much I love the group of gals in my Book Club--yah we talk about our books but we all are at different places in our lives so it is so fun to hear what's going on. There is a mom of two, a brand new mommy, an almost brand new mommy, a newly married gal, a "looking at wedding locations" gal :), a moving closer to her boyf & family gal, a gal in a perfect relationship but not sure what and when the next step will be, and a sorta in a new relationship, I'm not sure this is going to work gal. Everyone is always so supportive of each other. . .in fact we are all waiting for an email from Kora sometime today!!! Don't forget Kora. :) I look forward to next month to see what new has happened in all our lives. :) Oh, and guys, I called Marisa last night and left her a nasty message for leaving us and starting her own BC, especially since she didn't even give us a resignation letter. Hmmn

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

HA! That is too funny you're sending hate mail to Ris. I think Laura was going to do that, too. Loved seeing all you lovely ladies!

Anonymous said...

If you gals ever open up for "try outs" I might consider...actually that's not true. If you gals ever open up an evening after the "book talk" is done I'd love to see everyone! Kind of like second string...

AND isn't it great we're all in different places...it gives us all something to reflect on, something to look forward to, something to embrace and last but not least good friends to love, support and be happy for...

Marcy said...

It was nice that we got more "catching up" time considering no one finished the book this time!

Jamie said...

I ditto what Leah said...I may not be the best about reading the books, but would love to catch up with you guys :)

PS: I'm also very curious about this email that Kora's supposed to be sending out ;)

Anonymous said...

Leah & Jamie you should join us! It was a really good meeting, I too felt like we all got closer somehow on Monday sharing our stories, almost indefinable.

- Sara (the Auntie to be!)

Laura said...

I had a great time too. Jamie & Leah - I would love to see you guys!

Becky K. said...

I loved reading about your book club. It was almost like a NY Times column...so cool! Wish I could be there too but I have a great book club here in Ketchum with a completely different mix of great girls.