Monday, June 22, 2009

15 weeks (17 LNMP)

I had my 15 week or 17 LNMP week (LNMP stands for Last Normal Menstrual Period) check up today. I have gained 4 lbs since my last appointment making that a total of 5 so far which the doc said is pretty normal. The baby's heart beat sounded great and they measured my uterus a few inches below my belly button which is also totally normal so everything is looking good. I'm so excited for my next appointment on July 28th because we will get to find out the sex of the baby!!! I'm feeling better although I still get tired and I feel like this baby can't get any bigger. . .which is horrible because I know he/she is going to grow a lot more in the next 5 1/2 months. I just have that feeling like I have eaten too much all the time which can be pretty uncomfortable. I can't wait to feel the baby move which should start happening in the next few weeks. The only bad part of my appointment today was that I had to get pricked by a needle twice. . .the first time they couldn't get any blood from my vein so then they had to go to the other arm. It was not my favorite thing in the whole world as I hate shots so won't look while their taking blood. Since I don't look I didn't know what was going on and kept thinking "holy cow, how much blood are they getting today" only to find out not one drop had entered the vile. The girl said she was so sorry and I just told her it was okay, it is just making me tougher . . .that I used to cry every time I had to get a shot, even in college so I figure now that I am having a baby I need to quit being such a baby! I still kinda wanted to cry though. :)

Here's my belly a week ago.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are sooo cute....We are blessed!

Anonymous said...

Kimberly....I am anonymous..Mom

Marisa said...

I can't wait to find out if it is a boy or a girl!!! You look super cute:)

Kristy said...

What belly???...sorry I didn't see one in that shot!! Hee hee...you are adorable and I can't wait till you find out next month. Thanks for the baby update. Miss ya tonz!
love, bird

Amy said...

Fatty. :o)

Kora said...

I like Mom's anonymous comment :)...dorks. Your belly looks cute. Can't wait for it to get bigger and for you to find out the sex. You said "babies heart beat." Are you having twins or did you mean baby's?

Cate said...

I wish I could do your ultrasound! I can't wait to hear more-I still vote boy!

Laura said...

You look so cute Kimberly! I'm glad to hear everything's going so well!