Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Destination Maternity to the rescue

So as many of you know--I bought some very expensive designer maternity jeans from Village Maternity at U-Village. . .and I HATE them. I mean, they look cute but they are soooo uncomfortable because the belly band does not go all the way over the ever-growing tummy but instead stops right in the middle at the hugest part of the belly and has a horrible elastic waste line that digs into your tum. They were so expensive though that I continue to wear them with the waistband folded over. . .which now feels like my pants are going to fall off since my stomach is so big. With 2 months to go and the cold weather hitting us I decided I needed another pair of jeans and/or comfy pants. . .something besides my yoga pants. I found some cute jeans at Gap Maternity but they are pretty long so would only work w/ my heels and I really wanted jeans that I could wear w/ flats so I stopped in to Destination Maternity in Bellevue. I found out they carry all the designer jeans but with the soft, long belly band!!!! They patented that design I guess so they are the only ones that carry that style. They also have really cute cords. I ended up getting a new pair of jeans and cords. . .the jeans were their own brand but they are really cute and MUCH cheaper than the designer jeans. I highly recommend to anyone out there planning on getting pregnant or already pregers to shop for jeans/pants at Destination Maternity. . .the Gap Maternity also has some nice options for work and inexpensive tops cuz everything goes on sale so often. My vote--skip Village Maternity!!! Check out Destination Maternity online: http://www.destinationmaternity.com/maternity/bottoms.asp

5 comments:

Amy said...

Live and learn... Huh? You'll be a pro second time around. :o)

Malia said...

Don't you love the long belly bands? They're one of those things that I thought I'd hate but I love. I like the "foldover" ones from Gap...they can be long or short.

Anonymous said...

Kimberly, You look so dang cute!! Zach you are cute, also! I love the fall backdrop for your pictures...Enjoy this "pregnant time"!! You are blessed...Love, Mom

Molly said...

I LOVED the cords that I bought for my 2nd pregnancy. They were SO comfortable and cozy for the fall. Hope you find them to be more comfy than the horrible half panel jeans. You look so cute in your most recent pic!! :)

Leah said...

Yeah, I'm so glad you found a few things to work for you! I hope to be shopping there a year from now!