Sunday, October 11, 2009

Fall Drive 2009

Zach and I went on our annual Fall Drive today to go get pumpkins and take pictures of the beautiful fall foliage. There is a cute little pumpkin patch in Fall City that we went to last year. They have homemade donuts, a band, horses, hay rides etc. . .There were quite a few people there so we just walked around but didn't actually get any pumpkins today--the line was so long! It was just fun being out in the sunshine and enjoying the scenery. In the pic above of Z and I, I think there is really a pumpkin under my shirt. :) I decided today that I need some long sleeve maternity shirts and one more pair of pants-either another pair of jeans or some cargos or something as these ones are getting uncomfortable and I have 2 months to go. . .well, everything is getting uncomfortable-I'm getting huge!
The cute smaller pumpkins. . .I also decorated for October/Halloween this weekend and this is what is on our table. I love it.We ended our drive at Salish Lodge in "The Attic" which overlooks the Falls. . .they had sparkling cider so I actually got to drink a festive fall drink w/ Zach. In the link to the right of our drive you will see some pics of my glass-the bubbles formed a little heart and I thought it was really cute.The gourds are so odd but have the best assortment of colors. The "electric" trees near Salish Lodge--can the colors get any prettier? I love this transition period from summer to fall when the colors are so vibrant, there are still leaves on the trees and the sun still shines. It was a gorgeous day to be out in the country driving around. . .I can't wait to have a little one to take next year!

5 comments:

Kora said...

Love the colors in all your pics and your decs look great!

Marisa said...

So pretty!!!

Leah said...

Great pics! It makes me long for home. Apparently here in Montana we've decided to skip over Fall and go straight to Winter. I want and need Fall foliage.
Miss you.

Amy said...

Yes - I think there is a big pumpkin up your shirt too! Abby is getting so close to meeting all of us. I love it!

Shannon said...

Love these pictures. Fall makes me happy.