Sunday, January 23, 2011

A weekend in Oly

This weekend Abby and I made a trek to Olympia/Tenino to visit the fam before Grammy/Grampy and Kyle/Amy and the kids left for a week long getaway in Hawaii. Abigail hadn't seen her cousins since Christmas!! It was gorgeous on Saturday so we took advantage of that and played outside with the kids for awhile. It was so refreshing to be out in the crisp winter air. Kyle and Amy's home and property are so beautiful to run around on.
Here's Abigail with Grammy. Can you even believe my parents are celebrating their 60/40 this year? 60 years of life and 40 years of that life together!!! WOW I think my mama looks so young in these pics--60? You gotta be joking me! :)

Amy and Kyle's "Mother in Law" cottage--just the perfect size for Mom. . .please make note--they're all standing in this house. . .HAHAHA--KIDDING. .. Only Abs and Griff are. :) We thought that was such a funny joke when we saw this pic. hee heeI think this is Abby's first swing ride and she loved it. She figured out how to pump it to make the swing go all on her own w/ no pushing. So smart. :)Ahh, now it's Sunday night and I am sad the weekend is over. I'm just not ready to start another week. . .at least we are supposed to get sun for quite a few of the days.

3 comments:

Carol said...

Your mom does look great! I can only wish that I look that good (and have at least one adorable grandchild!) at 60!

Carol

Marisa said...

Mom and Dad both look pretty DAMN good for being 60...hopefully, it is in our genes:). It was great to spend some time with you both on Saturday. Can't wait for baby Don to be here so he can play with his cousins too!

Leah said...

Ah, I am so envious at your families proximity to you. Sigh...

Hawaii, a week?! Sign me up!