Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Our visit w/ Miss Birdie

So I finally booked a flight to NC to visit Bird. Ever since she moved out there I have been saying I would go see her and her new home. . .it never happened until now! Abigail joined me which was interesting. It is a big job flying across the country with a little one by yourself. I never thought I would use the bathroom with a baby strapped to the Bjorn. . .FUN. Abs did pretty good on the plane. Cried a little right at the beginning of each flight but then did great. Slept a little, played a little. I, of course, didn't sleep at all though on the flight out there which was a red eye and I had been up since 4:30am so ended up being awake for more than 24hours--haven't pulled an all nighter in quite some time.
Here is a shot of Abs and I on Bird's front porch. Her neighborhood is so cute w/ all these Southern little houses. Everyone has a porch w/ rockers! We enjoyed a glass of wine out front while the sun was setting. It was beautiful and we got lucky with the temp being in the 70's all weekend--loved it! You'll also notice the Huge A*@ bow in Abby' hair. . .another big thing in the South are bows--big bows. . .so we had to get one for Abby. This particular bow also has an A embroidered in it. Everyone down there are also REALLY into embroidering their initials on EVERYTHING. Bird said if they could embroider their sh*t they would. :) While Bird makes fun of it, she has also embraced it and has initials on quite a bit of her things as well. hee heeMiss Bird and Avery enjoying lunch w/ Abby and I outside. There was a little shopping center like U Village near Bird's house so we took the girls up there for a day of shopping. It was basically a girls weekend because Kelly had to work and Reese stayed at a friends house all weekend. We didn't get any pics of all of us unfortunately. :( Avery and Reese LOVED Abby. The girls and their bows. Isn't Avery's hair just beautiful?Bird and the girls. . .so while in NC w/ Bird I noticed something quite freaky--she is a younger version of my mother!! Notice the apron she has on. . .I got that for her as a "hostess gift" because she wears an apron all day long just like my mother. She was so excited when she opened this gift because the apron she usually wears was a wedding present which means its 8 years old. . .now she has a few to choose from. :) She also never sits down, drinks Diet Coke, put an ice cube in our wine, is diligent about using place mats w/ every meal and irons every day--all traits of my mother. . .too scary. My mom said "well at least I know you are being taken good care of" and we were, we definitely were. Another cute shot of the girls before bedtime.Thanks Kristy for such a fun weekend. I still wish you lived near me so we could play together more often--not real sure I can make that cross country trip w/ Abs again--whew! Everything was just perfect. XOXOXO

4 comments:

Kora said...

Avery is so cute and really has Kelly's eyes/eyebrows. It looks like you guys had so much fun. However, I'm glad you're home safe and sound :). Love the bow!

Amy said...

Okay - you know I love a little bow in the hair (or in Sophia's case on the head), but that big huge pink one is ridiculous! It sounds like a great time and Bird sounds like an amazing little hostess. How fun!

Kristy said...

I miss you guys soooo much!! It was so nice to share a little piece of my "Southern Life" with you and Abby! I am hoping to come out in June so I will get to see you guys again. Thanks so much for taking the time to come visit...I enjoyed every minute of it!
Love,
bird

Marisa said...

Sounds like you had a great time. I am totes jeal that you got to go to the East Coast...I bet you didn't even go look at anything historical!!! I love the picture of the girls before they went to bed. Abs looks so sleepy:).