Tuesday, August 10, 2010

9 months old

Abigail Kristine is 9 months old! I can't even believe she has been a part of this world now longer than she was in my tum. As I've said before--she just keeps getting cuter and cuter. Her personality is priceless. She is the happiest baby. . .everyone always asks "Does she ever cry?" It's so fun to take her places because people always come up and look at her and tell me how adorable she is and how beautiful her eyes and hair are. . .the thing I love most though is that when these people come up to her she totally puts on a show for them with smiles. She just hams it up.
Today she actually had her check up at the doctor's office. Everything went great. I was shocked to see that our amazon baby has slowed down on the growth chart quite a bit which is pretty normal especially since her mom and dad aren't real big people. Her stats:
Height: 28 in. 70% (she grew 1 inch in 3 months)
Weight: 18lbs. 12 oz. 55% (she's gained almost 2lbs in 3 months but went from 75th% to 55%)
Head: 18 1/4 in. 96% HUGE. . .full of smarts I'm sure. :)
She only had to get one shot in her big toe (notice the bandaid in the pic) to test her iron level. She didn't even cry!
Abby is finally eating baby food. . .a little. I keep introducing more and more things and she actually eats it instead of giving me a full on gag reflex w/ eyes squinting. Instead of opening her mouth real big in anticipation of the spoon though she sorta purses her lips with her tongue sticking out a bit. I need to capture it on video because it is really funny and cute. She is also a great sleeper going down between 8p and 9p, wakes for a quick feeding at 3:30a and then out again til about 7:30am where she'll eat a little and usually go back to sleep again for at least an hour. It's great. She naps 2 times a day at 11am and 3p for about an hour each so I really can't complain--she is practically perfect in every way. :) She rolls all over the house and I really think she is going to be crawling before we know it. She babbles and babbles, snuggles and loves bath time even more than before now that I introduced laying her back in the water--she is for sure a water baby which her Dad loves since he is a big time swimmer. Gosh, I love little Abigail more than I ever thought imaginable...like I said after she was first born--sometimes I just feel so happy that I could burst.

5 comments:

Marisa said...

Sweet little muffin:).

Malia said...

She's darling! Mia also likes to lie on her back in the bathtub. :)

Beth said...

She is so cute! You are one lucky momma :)

Anonymous said...

She is adorable. I love the picture she looks so happy!

Carol said...

She IS practically perfect in every way!!

Thanks for sharing your blog with me, neighbor!