Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Rehearsal Dinner

The wedding weekend is over. . .on my way home from Oly on Sunday I got a little teary eyed. I think I was tired but also overwhelmed with emotion as another Hussey gets married off and yet another wonderful celebration came to an end. The weekend started with a BBQ at the Lighthouse Bungalow right on the water--it was absolutely beautiful and the food was delicious--thanks Terry and Claudia for hosting such a special event. They even hired their dance instructor to come and teach us some moves!
Here's Kora and Nick headed down the drive to the party--their last night as single people!!Grammy and Grampy with Abigail and Griffin. I wish Sophia was in this picture as well because it is too cute. I have some great looking parents. Notice my Mom's necklace--my Dad had it sitting in the car on their way to rehearsal and he said he thought she needed it for the wedding. . .months earlier my Mom was eyeing it and didn't realize my Dad was paying attention. . .no wonder they'll be celebrating 40 years soon. WowInstead of getting in that fabulous picture with her Grammy and Grampy Miss Sophia was being a little sass-a-fratz acting like she didn't want anyone to talk to her or take her picture. hmmn, the many moods of a 4 year old.The Hussey gals--gosh, we're a good lookin bunch! Check out Abby's sturdy legs. hee heeThe "Little Women" Love my sissy's.Uh, this is the amazing view from the bungalow--we were literally ON the water. It was a gorgeous sunset that night too which made it even better.As I mentioned earlier--we got dance instructions. Here's Joe and Janice cuttin a rug. Joe is really getting into it. Love it.This could be a postcard for the "Lighthouse Bungalow" Love the silhouette of the brother and sister chatting.It got chilly at the end of the night so Abs got cozy in her stroller with her blankie--she loves that thing. She was so great the entire weekend.Ahh, the end of the night (well end of the night for me) I'm sure these guys kept the party going for much longer. Kora and Nick had to take a "Spoon Shot" from his friend and groomsman who owns a bar and that is the popular thing to do there. People come from all over to take the Spoon shot. Glad none of my friends own bars--what would I have done if someone tried forcing me to take a shot at my rehearsal dinner?? :) Our secret would have been spilled! hee hee

0 comments: