Monday, November 9, 2009

A Christmas Miracle comes early!

So Thursday night's stormy weather blew in a surprise for Zach and me!!! About 3:30am on Friday morning I woke up thinking I had dribbled in my pants. . .it took me til about 7am to be convinced that I was not dribbling--that my amniotic fluid was actually leaking. We went to the hospital to get checked out and low and behold my water had broken and I needed to get moving w/ my labor before it was too late and infection started. (I really shouldn't have waited so long to call the hospital--oops). Nurse and Doc checked me and I was 3 centimeters dilated and they were going to start Pitocin but weren't convinced baby was head down so we had to have an ultrasound and of course little Abs was breech--c-section on its way for 12:30pm!! Apparently I was having small contractions but I never felt one. I think God knew I couldn't handle that much pain so he arranged things this way. :)
Abigail Kristine Wyckoff arrived on Nov. 6, 2009 at 1:10pm--5 weeks early, holy cow! Weighing in at 6lbs. 7oz. and 19in. long. . .had she gone full term she could have been tipping the scales at close to 9lbs. WOW!In the operating room. Everything went very smoothly. I was scared to death but Zach was such a wonderful support person to have next to me and the docs were absolutely amazing!Our little angel w/ Dr. Stemmerman right after being pulled out of my tum. I got to watch through a plastic window--unbelievably amazing. I think Abigail is saying "Hello World--hear me roar!!" :) Love that pic.The happy family of three. . .a little tired but oh so happy.Of course the fam came up to visit and with the swine flu scare everyone has to be screened before coming in. Children aren't even supposed to be allowed unless it is a sibling but we snuck Sophes in and she had to wear this mask. She was awesome. The first time she saw Abs was through the window of our hospital room because we were on the ground floor. Amy walked her around and we held Abs up close to window so they could say hi to each other. It was really cute.A precious moment. . .Abby laying w/ Dad saying her prayers. Thank you God for blessing me w/ such wonderful parents. :)Fast forward to Sunday and here we are. . .on our way home. Abby did have to be monitored in the nursery right after birth since she was so early but everything checked out and docs and nurses couldn't believe how advanced and big she was for being so young. . .and I amazingly am a milk producing machine so was able to give her lots of colostrum which then led to milk even before I left the hospital. Today I pumped and just got 3 1/2 oz. I'm so fortunate.This is the best dang pic ever. I took it this morning after feeding. . .she is soooo happy. We all are soooo happy. I seriously keep saying I can't believe we have our baby and I am so happy, I could just burst. I will download all the pics onto Kodak Gallery and get added to my blog shortly.

16 comments:

Cate said...

Wow-she is so beautiful! I'm so excited for you and she was a healthy size for being so early.

You guys are a great looking family!

Marisa said...

Yay!! I am so glad that you finally made a post about Abs!! I will link my pictures to my blog. See you Wednesday.

Kora said...

The first pic looks like Abs is saying "Hey, girls...hey, boys." The one when she's coming out looks like "ta-daaa!" and the last one looks like she's laughing her head off at Gram. I'm soooo happy for you guys! Thanks for the post!

Jamie said...

I am still in shock that you delivered her 5 weeks early! Holy Cow! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! She's beautiful :)

Leah said...

Wow, what a cutie! You all look great!

I can't wait to meet her! Ris, can't wait to see your pics!

Good work!

Congratulations! Love you, Leah

Becky K. said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Kimberly, that is the best news! I am so happy you are both healthy, home and HAPPY! Nice job. Can't wait to hear all about how life with Abby is going, so keep us posted. You will have some up's and down's, just take it one hour at a time! How are you feeling? Hopefully you have a very speedy recovery.

Mary said...

Kimberly "her's is beautiful!!!" Can't wait to hold that little "future Coug" girl. I'm sure your mom is taking good care of all of you, talk to you soon.

The Fluke's

Malia said...

Kimberly, I'm so excited for you! You are truly blessed, she's perfect! Nice job mama! Be sure to take it easy, rest, and enjoy.

Sara Andrews said...

Congratulations Kimberly & Zack! I can’t wait to meet her!

Amy said...

Love her to pieces already. So glad you are all doing so well. 3 1/2 ounces already!! Holy moly - maybe I'll have to start buying it off you! Ha!

Marcy said...

Congratulations! She is so cute! That last picture with your mom just cracks me up. Maybe she came early because she wanted to come to our next book club meeting!

Molly said...

Just got a little teary eyed reading your post. Congratulations to both of you - Abby is adorable!!

xoxo,
Molly

Laura said...

She is beautiful!! I'm so happy for all of you! I totally started crying reading your post. :) Take care of yourself & hope to see you soon.

Beth said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful and I can't wait to meet her!

You all look great!

Shannon said...

WTH? Why am I just now seeing this. I was just wondering today when you were going to have this little girl and here she is!!!

Tracy said...

Congratulations, my wonderful friend. I am so, so, so glad you and the baby are doing well. Welcome to the world of parenting - it is truly an amazing, wonderful, joyous, miraculous (sometime very tiring, but worth it) ride. You will do wonderfully.
I am sending you so many loves and hugs.