Monday, November 23, 2009

An outfit from Leah. . .

Abs and I had a lactation appointment today so we got her all dressed up in the little outfit from Leah. The appointment went really well, and the lady that was working with us was someone I knew from Pilates!! It was good to see someone from the gym since its been so long since I've been there. . .can't wait to get back! Anyways, Sue thinks Abigail is doing everything correctly, that she just needs to get a little bigger still and she'll have it down. . .so I'll keep practicing with her and soon we should have full on success. Abby is up to 7lbs. 3.9oz. and is actually eating much more than she really needs to so it is okay if we offer a little less --the last thing we had heard was that if we felt like she wanted more bottle then ad a 1/2 an ounce at a time so we did until she hit 4oz--the charts show that she only needs 2 1/2 oz. at her size. I was so glad to hear that because there are times when she only eats 2 1/2 oz. and I was worried she wasn't getting enough food--now I know she is. . .I just wanted to make sure she kept getting bigger but now that she is, we're all good. Our little chunk-o-monk-HA!



We got a fun surprise tonight--Amy and the kids stopped by on the way home from the dentist. It was fun to see them for a bit. . .wish we lived closer so we could do it more often. Can't wait til Thanksgiving when we get to see everyone--Abs will wear her first dress!! What a big girl. :) I think we are going to hit Bell Square tomorrow--should be quite an adventure.

5 comments:

Marisa said...

Ha!!! 4 oz...looks like Abs is still growing "generously!!!"

Leah said...

That's good news from Sue! I bet Sue was great to work with, she's so nice.

Ummm, LOVE Abby in the outfit...it kind of almost made me cry. She's growing like a weed!

Kora said...

That outfit looks so cute and how fun that Amy and the kids were able to stop by. Can't wait to see you guys!

Lindsey said...

it was so good to see you guys today. I could have held Abby all day long! Such a doll--love it, so sorry you had a tooth ache but Im so happy you had an excuse to come up our way.

MamaQ said...

She is just so cute!!!