Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Our big girl

Abby is getting so big--her umbilical cord fell off yesterday so we gave her a little bath in the bucket so she was all clean for when Auntie Kora came over. We probably could have given her a bath before the cord fell off but I wasn't sure so I waited. She did okay but it's hard to give a bath to a baby because you don't want the water too cold or too hot and you have to be careful she doesn't slip. Abby did love the sound of the running water which I kept going to add some heat in the air.After the bath Abs is all clean and wide awake all snuggled in the softest blanket ever courtesy of Claudia, Nick's mom. When her eyes are open she always has this look on her face like she is really trying to figure everything out. . .and I guess she is. :)Kora took these next few pics w/ her phone so they're a little hazy. Abby actually has her eyes open which is why Kora captured the pic. I think Abby is going to be a night owl because she always opens her eyes later in the evening. This is Abby pre-opening eyes. . .all snuggled up in that blanket just hangin with Auntie Kora. I think Kora held her for her entire nap which Abs loves. Notice in the background--Me, also sound asleep. . .so I'm not the greatest hostest right now. :) I just couldn't keep my eyes open. Sorry Kora.

2 comments:

Malia said...

I think it's great that you can sleep even when people are over--SLEEP! It's the best thing you can do! :)

Kora said...

Hey, I didn't even mind that you were asleep :). I got to hold Abs and see her eyes open later...the main things I wanted to do...well,in addition to chatting with you when you weren't sleeping.