Sunday, November 15, 2009

Just Bloggin w/ my baby

I'm just sitting in bed with the breast pump attached to me and my baby laying next to my side wide awake just staring. I think this is the longest stretch of time she's gone with her eyes open. . .I love it when she just stares and looks around like "what is all this stuff and how did I get here?" My mom and dad left today--boy that was difficult. My mom was here all week helping out around the house and it was sooooo great. I know Zach and I will be fine on our own but this past week with all of her help was so wonderful, I wouldn't have changed a thing. It was really hard to say good bye. . .all these hormones. . .man, I just cry all the time--usually because I keep staring at Abby thinking to myself--She's so perfect, she's just so perfect.

Here she is in her "I"ve got Daddy wrapped around my fingers" tee. . .It's true too--she totally does!This weekend my family came up to visit and we went dress shopping with Kora. Abigail's first outing besides a trip to the doc. Sophia had us all trying on tiara's. . .even Abs.The cousins meeting Abigail for the first time (well Sophia got to meet her in the hospital but she was scared to do anything since she was wearing her swine flu face mask) I was bawling--it was so cute!!

Our precious baby--look at those cheeks. . .see what I mean? So perfect!So this will be our first week alone as a family. We'll do fine--even though I'm exhausted and hormonal I couldn't be happier. (and by the way--Abby is fast asleep again. . .and I'm on my way and it's only 8:15pm) Good night everyone.

3 comments:

Leah said...

She IS perfect! My boss called her a doll and wanted to hold her.

Oh, and just to make you feel better I cry a lot too!! AND, I didn't just have a baby or post hormones running through me. Maybe it's a good thing we're miles apart right now. :)

You are blessed! Love ya, Lee

Cate said...

I love that last picture of her. She is adorable!

Malia said...

She is so perfect! I cried my eyes out when my mom left after B was born...and I'm crying a lot these days too! It's the hormones!