Thursday, November 12, 2009

Our little one. . .

This first week w/ our new baby has been amazing. Both Zach and I just want to hold her and stare at her all the time. She is absolutely perfect.
Abigail had lots of visitors yesterday--Marisa, Joe, Janice and Aunt Linda. . .so we thought we would give her a little sponge bath. She didn't get in the water but we wiped up under her chin etc. so she was all clean and milk free. She looks so snuggly in her new Husky towel.But this is what she really thought about being all wrapped up in Husky gear. :) hee hee Zach told me to delete this pic but I was laughing so hard when I heard that she was leaving a little treat.Our little snuggle bunny all swaddled up--this is in the middle of the night. I just got done feeding her and was pumping so wanted her to stay warm. At night we do skin to skin to help her maintain her body HEAT (oops, I originally put weight)--very important w/ a premie. . .and fun for mom and dad--who doesn't want to snuggle w/ their little one all night???This is the skin on skin I was talking about. I cacoon her into my shirt and we cover up with blankets and fall fast asleep in seconds. I love looking down at her while she is sleeping.I'll try to keep posting new pics. We take new ones every day. Today Abigail visits her pediatrician for the first time. We can't wait to meet her. When in the hospital we met 2 other doctors from the same practice and the both seemed so nice. Right now Abs is bundled up on the ottoman looking out the window and getting her vitamin D. . .she's a little jondice so we're hoping that helps. I keep telling everyone that "everything is so great" and it is--this has been the best week ever. :)

10 comments:

Laura said...

I love the pic of her all bundled up, she is so cute!!! Enjoy every moment, it goes by so quick.

Marisa said...

I LOVE how she always smiles...too cute!! See you all again on Saturday...can't wait.

Leah said...

Keep the pictures coming! She's adorable...Go Cougs! Sorry Zach.

Kora said...

Love that she left a treat on the Husky towel :). Nice! Way to go, Abs! Can't wait to see you guys this weekend...I didn't realize she was jaundice.

Cate said...

I'm amazed that she is so expressive so young. She is one happy baby!

MamaQ said...

YAY!!! CONGRATS! I can't believe you already have your Little Miss! :) It looks like you're doing a wonderful job of keeping her content, and letting her know she's loved. I just love hearing about new parents who are constantly holding their babies, I think putting a newborn down is just overrated! When you have a task to accomplish--that's what front packs are for! :) Keep up the good work!

Beth said...

She is so beautiful! I love the last picuture with the two of you, you look so happy :)

Malia said...

She's so happy and alert! I love the story of the treat. :) Go Abs!

Molly said...

So happy for you. The pictures are so fun!!

xoxo,
Molly

Becky K. said...

So Great! I love the shot of her all wrapped up like a burrito! She's absolutely precious.